AVP, Business Intelligence Analyst- Commercial Insurance (339101)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The AVP - Business Intelligence Analyst is a key contributor to the Commercial Insurance Sales Operations & Data Analytics team, providing advanced decision support through data compilation, analysis and distribution. The Analyst supports analytics processes across multiple functions or business units in operations and leverages an array of complex analytical tools to create data driven solutions. In this role, the Analyst perpetuates a strong understanding of various analytical and reporting tools, data warehousing structures, and key operational metrics. He/she supports the business in its various departments understand its own health, find growth levers, and identify opportunities for optimization. This position reports to the SVP of Sales Operations & Data Analytics.
• Partner with business units to understand and prioritize questions and problems-to-solve across the business, then provide high-quality data, insights and experimentation support to drive goal attainment and strategy.
• Support development of strategic measurement frameworks and playbooks to form the basis of ongoing performance assessment across Underwriting from a Sales Perspective (Pipeline Conversion, Pipeline Replenishment, Enterprise Account Tracking, Key Renewal Tracking, Cross-Selling, etc.)
• Provide insight by transforming large sets of data into simplified, meaningful, and actionable trends and visualizations for use by executives, operations, and other internal departments
• Collaborate with IT and Finance to maintain reporting environments and design new data warehousing strategies to meet business analytical needs
• Support development of training programs that improve the understanding of the use of data, to inform and improve decision-making across relevant stakeholder groups
• Prepare and present analytical reports of data to reflect status of initiatives and activities
• Participate on cross functional teams to design, develop, and implement measurement solutions
• Partner with analytics teams outside of CI Sales Operations & Data Analytics to drive best practices, centralize analytic capabilities, and develop advanced analytics and models to optimize business outcomes
Qualification and Personal Attributes
• Advanced degree (preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information System, Statistics, Applied Math, Business Administration
• 10+ years of experience building, designing, and working with data tools in a fast-paced and complex business setting
• Proven and successful experience in the execution of data analytics initiatives, leading to the development of useful insights and the improvement of a business’s performance and driving top-line growth and/or bottom-line savings
• Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking with problem-solving skills
• Capable of prioritizing multiple projects while still achieving deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to engage effectively with a passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer client business questions
• Demonstrable experience with data visualization tools including but not limited to Qlik/QlikSense, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo and proficiency in the workings of data technologies such as Hadoop, Teradata, etc.
• Experience with relational databases and statistical analysis/programming languages such as SAS, SQL, R or Python
• Able to create visually and verbally engaging reports, for departmental heads/management, senior data analytics management, and key stakeholders
• Solid understanding of enterprise data management, integration and governance principles
• Ability to synthesize/analyze complex and diverse information and to develop and recommend strategies and communicate them clearly
• Emotionally intelligent, self-motivated, detail oriented, hands-on person with a strong desire to initiate projects and drive results
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.