Senior Commercial Insurance Claim Business Consultant (343322)
The Claim Business Consultant (CBC) role provides CHUBB with a competitive advantage in the marketplace by being the Claim single point of engagement, across multiple lines of business, to key Commercial Insurance Customers. The CBC will work with Underwriters, Producers and Insureds to understand customer needs and collaborate with the North America Claim Disciplines and Third-Party Administrative Account Managers to drive the execution of claim account management plans, service deliverables and business solutions to these customers. The CBC account assignments are aligned with the Southwest Region or Customer Segment. This allows the CBC to build and maintain strong knowledge of and working relationships with the Geographic Region(s) or Customers Segment responsible for the profit, growth, and retention of the business. The CBC’s internal & external business partnerships, engagement on key accounts, and ability to drive specific claim account management plans, positions our organization for success by delivering the critical claim business relationship component of the renowned CHUBB Claims Brand.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Positively influence the acquisition and retention of key accounts identified by business partners or claims that require CBC involvement.
- Develop and execute claim account management plans for select customers specifically identified by business partners and claims as requiring ongoing CBC engagement.
- Set business partner, producer and customer claim service expectations in accordance with established CHUBB Claims deliverables and guidelines for the account premium size, claim count and geographic scope.
- Manage the claim review process for engaged accounts in accordance with CBC best practices & workflows, and the respective claim discipline adjusters, supervisors, or managers participating in the claim review.
- Deliver claim stewardship reports for engaged accounts identified by CBC Manager & Business Partners.
- Provide relevant special claim handling instructions (SHI) for qualifying accounts, ensure periodic updates for relevancy of SHI’s with underwriting, claims producer, TPA and insured, and provide underwriting with financial guidance on the claim expenses associated with account special services.
- Activate and align appropriate RMIS tools and reports to meet customer, producer & insured loss data.
- Communicate with CBC Manager and/or Regional Claim Executive on claim educational topics that may be needed for Underwriters, Producers or Claim Staff to ensure CHUBB claims brand is accurately represented to our customers and producers.
- For accounts with TPA claim handling, partner with the TPA Account Manager and CHUBB’s TPA Management Group, Technical Oversight, Compliance, Audit, Data Integration and Finance Teams to ensure compliance with CHUBB’s TPA Operating Guidelines and Practices.
- For accounts with multinational insurance exposures, collaborate with CHUBB’s Multinational Claims and Global solutions unit to ensure all multinational claim services are being executed.
- Facilitate to resolution all escalated claim handling issues.
Business Skills and Competencies:
- Casualty (GL, Products, Workers’ Compensation and Auto) claim management or significant technical experience in the area of Casualty claims. First Party & Multinational Claim experience is a plus.
- Proven technical capabilities within Casualty and the ability to discern a wide range of Casualty products.
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding complex coverage matters and insurance structures (deductibles, captives, sir, fronted, etc.).
- A strong understanding of Chubb’s corporate, claim and TPA business strategies
- Exceptional business and financial acumen including the methods to assess account profitability.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and enhance relationships and collaborate with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Strong strategic influence and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently access a wide range of data and information and develop recommendations in support of business strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive when confronted with complex scenarios that require an appropriate response time.
- Ability to adapt and embrace change and new challenges.
Education and Experience required:
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of 7+ years of Casualty claim experience required.
Claim Management experience preferred.
Travel Commitment: Approximately 25%.