Claim Associate-Title Doc Proc
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
We like to reward our employees for their hard work and commitment. That is why we offer benefits you might not find other places:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you
- Parental leave for mothers and fathers
- Wellness?and mental health programs
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Medical, dental and vision
- Health Reimbursement Account, Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
- Development and Mentor programs designed to help our employees grow and achieve their specific career goals
- Employee Resource Groups - State Farm's Good Neighbor Culture celebrates diversity and promotes an inclusive environment where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected. The State Farm Employee Resource Group (ERG) program is a key element in our Enterprise D&I Structure and Strategy.
When a customer has their vehicle declared a total loss, we are there to assist Total Loss in helping the customer recover from the unexpected! Title Document Processing (TDP) prepares documents and issues payments to customers at the direction of Total Loss. TDP claim handlers work in a team environment with third parties including financial institutions and salvage vendors in the course of processing title documents. TDP also works with customers, salvage vendors, and external partners in order to obtain negotiable titles.
As a claim associate, your day may involve contacting salvage vendors for clarification on what paperwork is needed, explaining the titling process and setting expectations with customers, obtaining any additional documents needed, and communicating with team members and business partners. You will also be organizing and processing assigned work and large volumes of claims while consistently delivering a remarkable customer experience. This role includes a partnership with Total Loss, Salvage Document Management Unit and Salvage Invoice Processing.
Our Claim Associates help our customers manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. They are committed to helping our customers and claimants through the claims process and making that process as easy as possible.
Training: Selected candidates will participate in mandatory training. Training is four weeks, Monday through Friday, from 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Work Schedule Details: The anticipated hours of operation will be 7:00 am. - 5:30 pm customer time.
Employees may be expected to work in a rotating shift environment including irregular hours, weekends, and holidays based on workload and job requirements.
Employees' work schedules may change based on business need.