Claims Appraiser-Auto Estimatics- Providence, RI
Being good neighbors - helping people, investing in our communities, and making the world a better place - is who we are at State Farm. It is at the core of how we operate and the reason for our success. Check out what it's like in Claims and see what makes us great!
We offer a surprisingly great Compensation Package:
Starting salary is between $56,099.62 - $83,052.26 based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants with significant relevant experience. Because work-life-balance is a priority at State Farm, compensation is based on our standard 38:45-hour work week!
This position is eligible for a $2,000 in Welcome Bonuses throughout the first year of employment!
In addition to competitive a salary, you are also eligible for:
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
We offer a ton of amazing Benefits - h ere's a preview of what you might not find other places:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you
- Paid Development Time
- Financial, wellness ? and mental health programs
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
Where You'll Work:
This position is located in Providence, Rhode Island. Competitive candidates should live in the state of Rhode Island. The Appraiser team works remotely but may require travel to auto shops for in-person inspections, and/or State Farm offices as needed.
When you join our team, you can feel good knowing you are helping our customers recover from the unexpected. T his position is for an Auto Estimator, handling claims resulting in property damage to vehicles. You may be the first point of contact to meet with our insureds, explain coverage, estimate vehicle damage, and help them through the claims process while providing Remarkable® service.
- Utilizing automated estimating systems to prepare repair estimates
- Providing technical support to claim handlers on vehicle repair issues
- Applying knowledge of market value and other factors affecting reparability issues
- Evaluating bid content and photo documentation, vehicle damage, and causation issues
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need. Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours. Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Auto collision repair, auto damage estimating, and/or auto insurance appraiser experience
- Ability to adequately evaluate vehicle damage and create repair estimates which may require stooping, bending, and some physical lifting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraiser License (preferred)
- A valid driver's license is required
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s).
Come join the Neighborhood and do some good!
Visit State Farm Careers for more information on our benefits , locations , and the hiring process.