Claims Appraiser - Auto Estimatics
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
- 401(k) contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus: 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family, Paid Volunteer Time, and an Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you!
- Industry leading Tuition Assistance Programs
- Wellness?and mental health programs
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
This position is located in Addison, Elmhurst, Glendale Heights, Elk Grove Village, and Carol Stream, Illinois. Competitive candidates should reside within a commutable distance of this territory.
The Appraiser team works remotely but may require travel to auto shops for in-person inspections, and/or State Farm offices as needed.
Being good neighbors - helping people, investing in our communities, and making the world a better place - is who we are at State Farm. It is at the core of how we operate and the reason for our success. Come join a #1 team and do some good!
As an Auto Estimator, you will collect vehicle damage information from repair shops or customers and complete initial estimates via photos or in person. You will be responsible for:
- Utilizing automated estimating systems to prepare repair estimates
- Providing technical support to claim handlers on vehicle repair issues
- Applying knowledge of market value and other factors affecting reparability issues
- Evaluating bid content and photo documentation, vehicle damage, and causation issues
Competitive candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Auto collision repair, auto damage estimating, and/or auto insurance appraiser experience
- Excellent customer service and decision-making skills
- Physical agility to allow for stooping, bending, and some physical lifting to adequately evaluate vehicle damage and create repair estimates
- A valid driver's license is required
- Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraiser License
- CCC One and/or Mitchell knowledge
- I-CAR Platinum Certification
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need. Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours. Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s).
Visit State Farm Careers for more information on our benefits , locations , and the hiring process .