Patient Account Representative (SSM)- Insurance Follow-Up - Work From Home (107905547)
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
If you are located within 60 miles of Madison, WI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life’s best work.SM
The Patient Account Representative is responsible for insurance balances. Works daily with insurance companies handling unresolved inquiries/issues/denials with payers. Responsible for reviewing invoices and contact various insurance companies for payment on outstanding claims in a timely manner for physician charges. Manage and process Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial claims on 1500/UB04 through the payers’ website. Submit reconsideration/appeals with supportive documentations as appropriate according to coding and specific insurance policies and procedures. Review correspondence and remittance for rejections and resolve as appropriate.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am - 5:00pm). Our office is located in Madison, WI, with both on-site and telecommuting positions available. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Receive and review all correspondence daily from the home office
- Follow up on assigned insurance accounts.
- Make outgoing insurance calls on SSM Health accounts.
- Our ideal candidate is an adept communicator; deadline oriented, and self-motivated, with excellent follow-up and customer service skills.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher).
- Insurance claim filing or healthcare registration experience.
- Basic Proficiency with Windows PC applications and Microsoft Office (create, edit, format Word, Excel)
- 3+ years of experience in a medical billing or insurance business office.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint (create, edit, format presentations)
- Knowledge of insurance terminology.
- Familiarity with CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10 codes.
- Epic Resolute or Prelude experience.
- Reside within 60 miles of Madison, WI
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical claims, customer service, collections representative, customer service representative, #rpo, Medicare, Medicaid, insurance denial, insurance follow-up, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO, Sign-On Bonus