AEA - Auto Estimatics Appraiser - In Person/General Inspection- South Bend, IN
This position is eligible for up to $2,000 in Welcome Bonuses throughout the first year of employment.
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Appraisers perform a variety of duties. Some examples include identifying damage to vehicles, writing vehicle repair estimates, reviewing vehicle repair estimates, and working closely with claims personnel in resolving claims.
This is a highly technical role that involves the opportunity to address questions regarding vehicle damage and estimate content internally and externally.
- Utilizes automated estimating systems to prepare repair estimates.
- Review supplement requests and make subsequent adjustments to estimates.
- Provides technical support to claim handlers on vehicle repair issues.
- Uses estimating vendor tools and the Enterprise Claims System (ECS).
- Applies knowledge of market value and other factors affecting reparability issues.
- Refers information on possible vehicle total loss claims to the appropriate contact.
- Evaluates bid content and photo documentation, vehicle damage, causation issues, and potential suspicious loss indicators.
- Completes necessary claim file documentation in ECS in support of subsequent claim handling.
- Applies thorough understanding of Standard Claim Process and Auto Damage Service Programs (ADSP).
- Continuously develops professional/technical expertise regarding vehicle repair trends, automated estimating systems, repair techniques, tools, and other industry-related topics.
- Must maintain a valid license to lawfully operate vehicles as directed/requested by State Farm.
- Position may include work in an office environment and desk setting with use of phone and computer.
- Fulfill state licensing and continuing education requirements as applicable.
- Job may require travel overnight via commercial transportation or driving motor vehicles to any office locations where the Company does business, or other locations to conduct/attend training, conferences, meetings, and/or seminars.
- Incumbent must be willing to work flexible work shifts as operation dictates.
- Incumbent may work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, based on workload and job requirement.
- Incumbent may be required to work overtime.
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Auto collision repair, auto damage estimating, and/or auto insurance appraiser experience are required.
- Ability to adequately evaluate vehicle damage and create repair estimates which may require stooping, bending, and some physical lifting.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to vary work locations to include home, vehicle, or other locations suitable for completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraiser License (preferred).
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am -7:00 pm in the local time zone. Employees may be expected to work in a rotating shift environment including irregular hours, weekends, and holidays based on workload and job requirements.
Travel Requirements: This is an Appraiser position. The Appraiser team is a dedicated workforce assigned to a centralized, Auto Estimatics/Claims environment. An Apraiser will work remote, but may require travel to auto shops for in-person inspections, and/or State Farm offices as needed.
Training Details: Paid training is provided through web-based applications and classroom training.
Licensing (if required): Continued employment is contingent upon meeting requirements necessary to obtain appropriate state(s) mandated licenses. This includes successfully completing all applicable licensing exam(s), background checks & MVRs required of various state(s). Failure to do so may result in rescission of job offer and/or termination.
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Benefits: Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
Competitive Benefits, including:
- 401k Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision plans
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Annual Merit Increases
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Initiatives
- Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!