Corporate Insurance Risk Specialist
Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance? Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply them to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Finance Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house finance team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
Corporate Insurance Risk Specialist-In Arcadia, WI
What Will You Do?
The Corporate Insurance Risk Specialist will apply professional knowledge to identify exposures to risk throughout the Ashley Companies operations. Protect company assets and interests by recommending corrective actions to exposure and providing technical information and resources for risk minimization to management.
The Corporate Insurance Risk Specialist is responsible for property and casualty exposure data, claims administration for general liability, property, stock throughput and non-fleet auto claims. The Risk Analyst is accountable for accurate data collection and updates, claim closures and working with third-party administrators to mitigate losses.
- Claims Management: Responsible for the administration of product and premises liability, property, and corporate auto claims. Work with internal clients to ensure understanding of the claims process and proper documentation of claims for submission to the insurer. Gather and prepare materials and documents used for litigated claims and participate in the litigation process. Evaluate and provide feedback to insurer and third-party administrator handling of claims.
- Insurance Program Administration: Administer the certificate of the insurance and auto ID card issuance to ensure compliance with agreements, leases and regulations. Prepare and maintain a schedule of insurable values for property insurance. Prepare all premium audit data for insurers and review returned audits for accuracy. Update insurance policy listing as needed. Assist in developing the premium allocation methods and work with internal finance teams to implement allocation.
- Program Processes and Procedures: Analyze loss data to provide loss forecasting and potential loss reduction opportunities. Develop and run reports for distribution to business units on losses, trends, and impact. Assist manager in review of leases, contracts, and other legal documents to provide risk analysis to ensure coverage appropriateness and advantages wording for the company.
- Communication: Assist manger in developing and maintaining Risk Program Manual. Assist in developing departmental presentations and reports. Provide answers to internal clients on insurance policy coverage inquiries. Develop and maintain Risk Management SharePoint site.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Risk Management, Business or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required.
- Risk management or Insurance experience, Preferred.
- Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS)
- Multiple-line insurance policies and procedures
- Risk Management principles
- Documents Management System
- Detail oriented
- Thorough documentation
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee, vender, consumer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.