Are you a strategic and creative senior tax manager who likes leading teams to solve complex federal tax issues? Do phrases like accounting for income taxes, tax restructuring, and tax controversy pique your interest? Do you enjoy developing client relationships and providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to a variety of clients in the insurance and financial services industries? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services (Insurance Industry) practice!
Work you'll do
As a Senior Tax Manager within the Business Tax Services Insurance group, you will provide federal tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements within the insurance industry.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates and ensuring the integrity of tax results using technology solutions, as well as supporting the development and implementation of tax strategies and planning opportunities.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing while providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- Consulting and partnering with other service lines and peers to address tax issues and meet organizational objectives.
- Staying abreast, and educating others, of trends and developments within the insurance industry.
- Delivering professional and timely services to internal and external customers.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our clients' business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our clients' organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 8+ years experience in federal taxation.
- Experience managing and developing both client service relationships and engagement teams, local and remote.
- Proficient in using tax code and regulations. Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP), and related pronouncements such as Accounting Standards Codification Topic 740: Income Taxes (ASC 740) and Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles No. 101 (SSAP 101).
- Technologically inclined, with the ability to articulate complex tax issues in a simplified manner across all levels of an organization.
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM.
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience.
- Experience in the Insurance Industry and proficiency with SSAP 101.