Tax - Manager - Business Tax Services - Insurance Tax (63379)
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements within the insurance industry.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates and ensuring the integrity of tax results using technology solutions, as well as supporting the development and implementation of tax strategies and planning opportunities.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing while providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- Consulting and partnering with other service lines and peers to address tax issues and meet organizational objectives.
- Staying abreast, and educating others, of trends and developments within the insurance industry.
- Delivering professional and timely services to internal and external customers.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 5+ years' experience in federal taxation.
- Experience managing and developing both client service relationships and engagement teams, local and remote.
- Proficient in using tax code and regulations. Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP), and related pronouncements such as Accounting Standards Codification Topic 740: Income Taxes (ASC 740) and Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles No. 101 (SSAP 101).
- Technologically inclined, with the ability to articulate complex tax issues in a simplified manner across all levels of an organization.
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM.
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience.
- Experience in the Insurance Industry and proficiency with SSAP 101.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $73,500 to $136,500.