Manager Treasury Risk Management and Insurance ( 607340-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Manager - Insurance Programs will report to the Director – Treasury (Risk Management & Insurance) and will have responsibility for day-to-day activities related to and management of many of our insurance programs as well as responsibility for our financial capabilities. This position requires excellent communications and interpersonal skills as well as strong technology skills, including the ability to analyze large quantities of data. The job also requires a person with an inquiring mind and strong analytical skills to question processes and promote streamlined ways of managing Verizon’s various risks. This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Manage and handle all aspects of various insurance programs, including analyzing exposure data and loss information as well as preparing presentations that summarize the data for the renewal submission.
- Independently assess the impact of insurance renewal options and present recommendations, include justifications for recommendations, to leadership, including the Director of Insurance, Executive Director of Risk Management
- Check all insurance documentation for accuracy and suggest changes where necessary
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert within Insurance to assist other internal groups with any insurance related issues in order to define and execute action plans.
- Assist the Director of Insurance with the preparation for the Finance Committee and OperatingReviews
- Utilize digital tools to visualize data in our Risk Management Information System
- Workwith several outside contractors and insurance brokers in accomplishing Risk Management objectives
- Develop and update historical data on all programs and track receipt of billing and documentation related to programs’ placement
- Serve as a primary contact within Risk Management for leases, vendor & supplier contract reviews in order to ensure adequate protection for the company
- Coordinate all physical and virtual policy storage
- Provide support to M&A activity or special projects, as necessary
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's degree in Business Administration or professional certification (e.g. ARM, CPCU, CPA, CFA).
- Experience in digital finance tools including: Qlik or Tableau
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office and proficiency in G-suite.
- Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of data using various tools.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in a corporate risk management department, commercial insurance brokerage firm or related position.
- Strong social interaction skills.
- Ability to work through issues/problems and execute on deliverables.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.