Commercial Insurance Underwriter, Excess Casualty (341037)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Commercial Insurance is looking for an applicant to join our dynamic middle market team and fill the role of Senior Underwriter located in our Houston branch. This underwriter will be responsible for underwriting Umbrella & Excess Product lines. This role will handle business for the Houston and Tulsa branch offices.
Commercial Insurance writes companies with revenues up to $1B, including both guaranteed cost and loss sensitive program structures. This underwriter will be charged with growing a diverse book of business in the assigned territory. The underwriter will work closely with the all field leadership and home office to position this portfolio for profit and growth.
This position will report directly to the Commercial Insurance Manager in Houston.
Establish and develop relationships with trading partners and drive submission activity across the assigned territory
· Develop a prospect pipeline
· Be responsible for profit, growth and retention of the book of business
· Meet or exceed new business production goals while adhering to underwriting strategies
· Coordinate with Risk Engineering and Claims to maintain renewals and provide a high level of service
· Establish and develop internal relationships within the Branch, Region, and Home Office for various business goals including cross-sell
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years underwriting experience, preferably in primary casualty or umbrella/excess.
- Confidence to gain a marketplace presence and become a trusted advisor.
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Local broker and insurance marketplace relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
- Understanding and adherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
- Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, Auto and Umbrella/Excess Insurance coverage, terms and conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.