Underwriter, Commercial Insurance Specialty (341016)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Commercial Insurance is looking for an applicant to fill the position of Commercial Property and Casualty Underwriter supporting our Milwaukee Branch. Commercial Insurance writes companies with revenues up to $1B, including both guaranteed cost and loss sensitive program structures. This underwriter will be charged with directly underwriting and growing a book consisting mainly of Manufacturing, Professional Services, Cultural Institution, Food and Wholesale business. This Underwriter will be charged with aggressively marketing to their assigned agency/broker plant to bring in opportunities and will work closely with the respective Commercial Insurance Practice Manager, Industry Segment Leaders and home office to position this portfolio for growth and profit.
The Production Underwriter will:
· Establish relationships with key trading partners and drive submission activity across assigned Agents & Brokers in our desired industry segments.
· Be responsible for profit, growth and retention of assigned book.
· Meet or exceed new business production goals while maintaining profitability across assigned portfolio and adhering to authority and strategies.
· In conjunction with Underwriter Associate, retain key assigned renewals and lead coordination of Loss Control & Claims Service plans for service level accounts.
· Maintain and develop relationships with the branch, our brokers and clients.
· Develop a prospect pipeline with our major trading partners, as well as engaging other business units for cross-selling opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Underwriting experience preferably in the commercial middle market segment.
· Confidence to gain a marketplace presence and become a trusted advisor for assigned agents/brokers.
· Presentation and public speaking skills
· Strong negotiations skills
· Local broker and insurance marketplace relationships
· Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
· Understanding and adherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
· Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property and Auto Liability Insurance coverage, terms and conditions.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,