Are you a senior tax professional who wants to specialize in Financial Services and Insurance? Do phrases like "accounting for income taxes," "tax structuring," and "tax controversy" peak your interest? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services Insurance practice.
What you'll do
As an Insurance Tax Consultant within the Business Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements, assisting across a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies, ranging from project management support, analytical support, and tax consulting for our Insurance industry sector clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide tax advisory services to clients in the insurance industry across business functions such as underwriting, claims, IT, finance and accounting
- Lead project work streams and engagements including the management of staff practitioners
- Coordinating with the client's tax and finance departments to gather data for tax return preparation
- Assisting with strategic tax planning including researching federal tax law and drafting technical memos
- Assisting with IRS audit defense.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, management, technology, sciences, or related fields
- 3+ years' experience with the full Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years' experience working with private or public corporations
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Ability to travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience in the life insurance, property insurance or casualties industry
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Previous experience with corporate tax preparation, tax compliance, or tax controversy
- Demonstrated abilities to problem solve and lead
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to interface with clients at senior levels effectively
- Ability to lead significant workflows/projects.