Package Product Analyst, Commercial Insurance (342502)
Product Analyst, Commercial Insurance
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in (54) countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This position will be responsible for the development, maintenance, monitoring of underwriting rules, working with business analysts and LOBs on business requirements. This position requires an understanding of business initiatives and challenges and then help to design the right solution to address these needs. They will work independently, but with collaboration from LOB team members and Business Solutions team to deliver outputs that play a key role in driving business decisions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Underwriting Rules:
- Working with LOB and BA’s in development of UW rules
- Monitoring and reporting of defects
- Enhancement of existing rules
- Managing new business versus renewal and conversion UW rules
- Managing internal versus external rules for native Duck vs Marketplace
- Managing and updating Low Touch versus Targeted Touch UW rules
- Reporting and analysis on UW rules and actions
- Updating and maintaining UW rules guidance/documentation
- Monthly Release Enhancements/Defect Management:
- Work in conjunction with the BA’s on business requirements for monthly enhancements
- Prioritize enhancement/defects for monthly release in conjunction with business, BA’s and IT
- Pricing Reports and Portfolio Analysis:
- Work in conjunction with business, actuarial, AIP and Qlik Team on development and management of reporting
- Monitor and reporting on pricing tools/deviations
- Reporting on CAT pricing to model
- Monitor pricing model and impact
- Ability to monitor and report on book portfolio characteristics such as form attachment, limits, coverages etc
- Monitoring of Duck/Tracker/Downstream systems
- ChubbNet and Content Management
- Maintaining and enhancing BMQ ChubbNet and Teams Channel
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Broad business knowledge of P&C and Specialty, Product Development and Implementation, Operations and Claims, Marketing and Communications, Analytics, and IT. In depth knowledge of P&C or Specialty Products, Product Development, Operations, Online Systems, Automated Workflow, UW Rule Definition, or Commercial Insurance Middle Market Systems and Processes is a plus
- Demonstrates consulting / design experience in complex business solutions and technology enabled processes.
- Demonstrates higher level analytical skills; can independently identify and propose alternative solutions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with the senior leadership team.
- Results and solution-oriented; can work in an extremely fast-paced environment; strong ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives; decisional.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.