Sr. IT Solution Architect - UHC M&R Insurance Solutions - Horsham, PA (99252913)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this IT Solution Architect role, not only will you be responsible for the development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture and applications strategy, but you will passionately lead and motivate others by example.
Are you doing Scaled Agile? Have you been driving your organization to embrace a DevOps culture? Do you enjoy moving IT organizations through the evolution from order taker to strategic business partner? Bring us your passion and energy for architecting top - notch IT solutions, and you will be rewarded with opportunities and challenge!
An individual in the Architecture job family is a strategic resource for UnitedHealth Group. This individual could be involved across many aspects of architecture, design, build, engineering and implementation of technical solutions and capabilities providing technical leadership. Responsible for communicating overall architecture vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels in the organization to gain buy-in. Will provide recommendations and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource and business dependencies. In base and mid-level roles, engages across teams in a capacity that ranges from assisting on in-flight initiatives, up to technical briefings and demonstrations of new technologies across the organization. In senior level roles, leads business solutions, capabilities, and is a strong influencer that engages with client executives and stakeholders.
- Evangelize our technology strategy and decisions
- Use a consultative approach to solving problems
- Collaborate with the business to understand / influence business requirements to use technology as a way to improve member experience and separate us from our competitors
- Demonstrate understanding of cross - functional / cross - domain requirements and impact
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies / products / trends related to architectural solutions. Utilize those findings to influence our technology strategy
- Facilitate / lead / participate in identification of solution options and features and prepare related estimates for business cases
- Create architecture deliverables that describe the solution that other teams can learn from
- Ensure alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans)
- Identify gaps between established standards and proposed solutions, and follow the exception / waiver process as needed as part of the architecture governance model
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience in IT Solution Delivery
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in delivering multi-tier web based applications
- 3+ years of experience in a role that made decisions across an enterprise, and not just one or two business units
- Experience with technology project estimation techniques and familiarity with financial terminology
- Experience operationalizing web based systems that meet service levels, protect and secure our members data and privacy, and are easy to use
- Experience presenting solution vision/direction in front of a large audience, and motivate that audience to deliver on a shared vision
- Proven experience initiating, facilitating, and embracing change and transformation
- Solid understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications deployed across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
- Experience creating and presenting appropriate models to communicate with stakeholders
- Experience in / knowledge of large scale direct to consumer web techniques
- Healthcare industry experience
- Team leadership or team management experience
- Scaled Agile delivery and/or enterprise wide architecture experience
- Understanding of security, network, and cloud infrastructure techniques and how they apply to solution delivery across all departments
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity Planning
- Visual artifact creation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. IT Solution Architect, UHC M&R Insurance Solutions, IT Solution Delivery, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania