Insurance Regulatory Policy Analyst/Researcher - Senior Consultant (75010)
- Analyze and summarize new and emerging regulatory developments in the US Insurance industry to understand impact to client businesses
- Communicate daily with industry and market segment leadership regarding regulatory developments
- Draft internal summaries of regulatory key issues affecting clients
- Develop and maintain dashboards related to regulatory enforcement actions and other key regulatory developments
- Analyze and present the US Insurance regulatory and political environment during leadership meetings
- Work with Risk Advisory Industry and Marketing Offering Leadership and other SMEs and client service practitioners to develop thought leadership, including white papers, presentations, and blog posts for external distribution
- Work closely with other centers of excellence, as applicable, to identify common regulatory themes across industries and prepare in-depth analyses of major issues
- Monitor legislative and insurance regulatory body (e.g., NY Department of Financial Services and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners) hearings and communicate with industry and market segment leadership on key takeaways
The team Our professionals guide traditional financial services companies and new market entrants in navigating the complexities of the US and global financial regulations. As market, political, and legislative changes alter the industry, we help our clients develop innovative and practical solutions.
- 5+ years experience in a professional capacity, emphasizing development/management skills in the following areas: communication, documentation, learning, and general business analysis
- Prior experience in regulatory agency policy group, law firm, consulting firm with similar role a plus
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, including both property casualty and life & annuity businesses for both personal and commercial clients, Insurtechs, and other industry participants
- Solid understanding of the insurance industry regulatory environment and applicable regulatory agencies
- Prior experience in accumulating and incorporating subject matter experts' points of view, related to regulatory changes, into a single white paper format.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work and communicate directly with FSI leadership
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, and executing on abstract ideas
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and workstreams
- Solid executive presence with the ability to present professionally across the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, International Affairs, Public Administration, Political Science, Finance, or Business