Claim Team Manager - Weather & Catastrophe - Field/Dual Role
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
- 401(k) contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus: 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family, Paid Volunteer Time, and an Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you!
- Industry leading Tuition Assistance Programs
- Wellness ? and mental health programs
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
This is a Remote-Field position in which you will work from home and utilize a mobile office/vehicle for in-person appointments. Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
Being good neighbors - helping people, investing in our communities, and making the world a better place - is who we are at State Farm. It is at the core of how we operate and the reason for our success. Come join a #1 team and do some good!
This is a remote position; however, competitive candidates must reside within the State of Missouri.
We deliver on the promise State Farm has made to each customer, allowing them to see the value State Farm brings to their lives as they recover from the unexpected. We have the opportunity to bring calm to stressful situations and give them confidence that we are here to help through life's disruptions. WCCS Stewardship helps thousands of customers every day recover from a catastrophic weather event and make a difference in their lives.
Team Managers are committed to leading and developing our employees to ensure they provide the best service for our customers. This includes:
- Responsible for first-line supervision of assigned Claim Specialists and Claim Associates, including hiring, training, coaching, development, performance management, and salary administration
- Provides direction and serves as a resource for knowledge of policies, procedures, laws, statutes, and insurance regulations when determining coverage and property damage
- Responsible for the review and control of the assigned unit's claim activities including investigations, analyses, evaluations, claim payments, and adjustment expense payments
- Recognizes events that affect customer service and provides timely communications to team members and peers
- Responsible for compliance with company procedures, applicable federal/state laws, and legal requirements
- Prior leadership experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors:
- Promote and maintain a relentless focus on the customer when making decisions
- Candidly assess our environment and tackle challenges head-on
- Inspire and energize people to understand and achieve common goals
- Physical agility to allow for: frequent lifting, carrying, and climbing a ladder; ability to navigate roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures; ability to crawl in tight spaces
- Experience with Xactimate, XactContents
- A valid driver's license is required
EXPERIENCE - current or recent prior Fire experience is preferred. Claims operations and/or call center experience preferred.
HOURS OF OPERATION: The anticipated hours of operation will be Mon-Sat 7 am - 7 pm, customer time. As such, depending on the customer time zone and employee office location, employee shifts may fall outside of Mon-Sat 7 am - 7 pm employee time. Although claim team managers are not assigned a shift per se, the successful candidate selected for this position may be expected to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays based on workload and job requirements.
LICENSING: The successful candidate selected for this position will receive a job offer stating that continued employment as a Claim Team Manager is contingent upon meeting the requirements necessary to obtain appropriate state(s) mandated licenses. Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s). Failure to do so may result in termination.
Location to be remote unless domiciled within a reasonable commute to a hub
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need. Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours.
Visit State Farm Careers for more information on our benefits , locations , and the hiring process