Insurance Risk Manager
Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for an Insurance Risk Manager position to join our enterprise finance team. This is a hands-on, critical, role with high visibility and selected candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of various complex insurance programs that mitigate significant financial risks, including technology errors & omissions, cyber, aviation, medical professional, international, marine, joint venture and contract specific policies.
- Be the SME related to multiple complex and challenging insurance programs, provide contract and operational risk identification and mitigation advice, perform M&A related activities, and assist the Director in promoting an enterprise-wide understanding of the company’s risk management philosophy and strategies.
- Clearly articulate corporate insurance and risk management philosophy to the company’s senior management, legal and line organization contract staff
- Identify and implement process efficiencies
- Develop and present training materials and influence contract and subcontract negotiations involving insurance requirements and related indemnification obligations.
- Perform due diligence on acquisition candidates, prepare internal reports, as well as develop a strategy and successfully integrate acquired companies into corporate insurance programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management or Finance and 12+ years of prior relevant experience working in a corporate risk management department or related insurance industry position. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Able to make immediate contributions to the department, and have a history of successful collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess a minimum of one of the following industry certifications or designations: ARM, CPCU, RIMS-CRMP or similar.
- Proficiency with MS Office, IT systems, and risk management information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently and collaboratively.
- Subject matter expertise and demonstrated ability to manage complex insurance programs, and effectively communicate with brokers, underwriters, line organizational staff, and senior management personnel.
- Strong business acumen, advanced organizational and analytical skills, and attention to detail while retaining a holistic focus.
- Experience working for a large, multinational government contractor including knowledge of U.S. Government accounting, compliance, and FAR Clauses.
- Leadership and supervisory experience a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.