Senior Underwriter, Commercial Insurance Specialty (341445)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The Company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is seeking a Property & Casualty Underwriter in our General Commercial Insurance team in our Charlotte, NC Branch.
- Drive financial performance of a commercial package book of business with a focus on Manufacturing, Wholesale, Professional Services, and other middle market opportunities.
- Underwrite and negotiate commercial P&C renewals with a total premium of $6 million in various industries and an annual new business goal of $1.25 million.
- Marketing responsibility for roughly 8-10 agency partners in the NC & SC territory with visitation goal of a minimum of 10-12 client/agency interactions per month, including occasional overnight travel to key agency hubs (Raleigh & Charleston)
- Meet or exceed financial goals including rate, growth, profit, retention, and new business
- Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis, pricing and sales of core commercial products and services for new and existing customers
- Participate in cross-sell initiatives within Commercial Insurance to expand product offerings to current clients
- Meet with new and renewal customers and agents/brokers to negotiate coverage, price, financial terms and service delivery
- Build relationships with agents/brokers to meet or exceed financial goals and create effective business plans for assigned agents/brokers and territory
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a team of underwriters, underwriting associates, customer service representatives, claims examiners and coordinators, and loss control representatives
- Utilize agency travel and proprietary prospecting tools to build a robust prospect pipeline.