UWC Underwriting Associate (335921)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Commercial Express Underwriting Associate (Commercial Insurance Specialty) - This is an Underwriting Associate position within the Eastern Underwriting Center. The commercial express underwriting associate will be responsible for handling an assigned portfolio of property & casualty renewals generating account premiums less than $50,000. This person will serve as their producers’ first point of contact for change requests, general service inquires, and endorsements emanating from the automatic renewal process. This position will also be responsible for the underwriting of endorsement requests received an assigned portfolio of business.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Timely adherence to the Automatic Renewal workflow.
- Timely response to producer inquiries relative to the Automatic Renewal process.
- Gather and analyze change requests then complete the endorsement book/issue instructions as necessary.
- Gather and analyze adequate and accurate account specific information to facilitate the non-Automatic Renewal endorsement underwriting decision. Refer all non-Automatic Renewal endorsement requests to appropriate Underwriter for sign-off and approval.
- Adhere to all jurisdictional compliance documentation standards and ensure all underwriting documentation is complete.
The ideal candidate must have basic PC navigation skills including knowledge of Windows XP, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and the Internet. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as mathematical aptitude. Demonstrate strong business acumen and critical thinking skills which lead to confident decision making. Ability to learn quickly, prioritizes work, and performs within time constraints. Basic knowledge of underwriting principles and policy forms is a plus. Strong time and desk management skills will aid the candidate in meeting or exceed the established Commercial Express business goals.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in similar role preferred.
This position may be a pay grade 15 or 16 depending on candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.