Guard II Full Time
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Facilities Operations is looking for a Guard II to join our team of outstanding professionals! Apply today
- Controls access to the facility through the admittance process.
- Precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle, checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives or company management.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, andother.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Report writing as needed.
- Prepares logs and reports as required, and performs other duties as assigned.
- This role may require that company vehicles are driven.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of prior Law Enforcement, Security Guard, or Military experience.
- Must have completed the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice course in Armed (9mm), unarmed, baton, Mace (CS Gas), and Handcuffing course.
- Must have a current Virginia D.C.J.S. Private Security Service Registration card, indicating armed Security Officer, unarmed Security Officer, and Alarm Respondent.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent). Advanced post-secondary education is strongly desired.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record
- Ability to work in a secure federally sponsored facility and meet the essential functions of the position.
- Capable of communicating fluently and effectively in English with the public and co-workers.
- Able to work in both indoor and outdoor elements as assigned.
- Must be able to pass an annual physical fitness test.
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend, reach and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Security, Intelligence & Defense Analysis
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: SUN00675