Area Security Officer ( R-00078880 )
We are seeking qualified ASO candidates for multiple openings supporting a government customer in their state of the art facility in Springfield, VA. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities and let us know you are open to considering positions in the following Security Discipline:
The ASO will have a broad knowledge base of basic security concepts. They will interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials. Coordinates information with internal and external security offices, divisions, and capable of providing clear concise communication, and developing solutions for those customers.
- Provide technical security expertise in personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations security.
- Utilize security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Monitor and manage security programs and provides status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information.
- Prepare both SCI and collateral materials for shipment to other agencies/sites IAW applicable security handling procedures.
- Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractor visiting other government facilities.
- Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Provide agency-level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security, foreign disclosure/release and information security.
- Provide industrial security guidance to contractors using the NISPOM requirements, monitors security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Conduct risk management surveys and renders recommendations and, if warranted, impact statements.
- Provide guidance to internal and external customers, as required, in implementing security requirements.
- Updates and maintains appropriate records (e.g., database and hardcopy) of classification decisions, recommendations, etc.
- Conduct inspections and performs staff assistance visits, as required.
- Liaise with members of the DoD, the Intelligence Community (IC) and other officials as required to keep abreast of current issues, as required and insofar as protocol permits.
- Active TS/SCI clearance, with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ yrs. experience or equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5+ years specialized experience in working security programs.
- Experience with national security program directives and standards
- Ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel internal and external
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision in customer's facilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills to engender rapport with military personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels of DoD, IC and NGA.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Self-starter, with ability to establish priorities, resolve immediate security issues.
- Comfortable dealing directly with senior management desired.