Program Security Officer/CSSO ( R-00083624 )
Leidos is seeking a Program Security Officer/CSSO to support classified programs and facilities in Columbia, Md. The position requires a strong background in both personnel security clearance processing and physical security management of SCIF areas for an intelligence community customer in the Ft Meade, Maryland, area. The selected candidate will work as a member of the Leidos Columbia Security Team made up of six certified CSSOs, each responsible for their own programs with shared responsibility for their assigned facility. The candidate will need to be well versed in ICD 704, ICD 705 and SEADs, as well as customer Industrial Security practices and contractor clearance processes; a self-starter who can prioritize security actions, provide excellent communication for employees, management and government customers, and a result driven professional to handle security issues.
• equires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Provide agency-level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security and contractor clearance processes
• Coordinate access control including Leidos corporate badging and access to secure areas
• Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information
• Monitor, update, and maintain appropriate security records (e.g. corporate and government databases)
• Prepare and disseminate security requirements, guidance, and procedures
• Provide Clearance and SCI briefing/debriefing to employees when required
• Ensure personnel are aware of the of Reporting Responsibilities such as Foreign Contact and Foreign Travel
• Collaborate with members of Leidos corporate security, the DoD, the IC and other officials as required to maintain knowledge and understanding of current security regulations
• Coordinate information with internal and external security offices and divisions.
• Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials
• Monitor and manage security operations and provide status reports and recommendations
• Create, manage, and execute Security and CI training programs
• Collaborate with internal and external managers to ensure understanding of program operations
• Clearance requirement is Top Secret//SCI with Polygraph. Applicant selected must have and maintain government security clearances
• Bachelors or equivalent professional experience
• Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles, and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues
• Resourceful in solving security issues and capitalizing on opportunities
•Ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations
• Broad knowledge base of complex security concepts
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel internal and external
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with little supervision in customer's facilities
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Knowledge of multiple Security functional areas.
• An understanding of security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. ICDs, NISPOM)
• Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels
Experience with DISS and SCATTERED CASTLES databases
Experience as a COMSEC Custodian
Experience with SIMS software (Security Information Management System)Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.