Program Security Officer - Active Secret clearance required! ( R-00090001 )
Leidos is searching for a Program Security Officer to provide support across the Tomahawk Weapons System Program Office, PMA-280 In Patuxent River, MD.
An active Secret clearance is required to be considered; all work is onsite.
The Program Security Officer will be proficient and capable of execution of duties pertaining to personnel security, physical security, and information security. Our new colleague will implement security processes necessary to protect classified information, with strict adherence to NISPOM, DoDM 5200.01 Vol. 1-3, DoDI 5200.48 and other applicable Executive Order and DoD regulations. This position will require routine interface with all levels of management and government customers.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, Implement, and Administer security plans, programs, and policies for program personnel and facilities. Manage NISPOM, DoDM 5200.01 Vol. 1-3, and DoDI 5200.48 related Program Security requirements to include physical, information, and personnel matters.
• Maintain compliance with the US Government security regulations and directives. Participate in compliance assessment reviews and perform self-inspections to ensure compliance with government and company
regulations/requirements. Identify deficiencies and recommends corrective action.
• Complete daily facility inspection checklists, manage door/safe combinations, etc. to ensure compliance with regulations and requirements.
• Conduct clearance verifications via the Defense Information System for Security (DISS).
• Develop, implement, and administer Security Education and Training Awareness (SETA) programs. Conduct indoctrination briefings for newly assigned personnel instructing individuals on the requirements for safeguarding program documentation and facility security policies.
• Prepare, review, and submit CDRLs, DD-254s and Statements of Work (SOW). Coordinate with Prime contractor and manage sub-contracts to ensure security compliance with government regulations/requirements.
• Maintain document and material accountability program, oversee secure storage and work spaces for customers and company, conduct annual inventory of accountable material. Ensures that all classified materials held by the site are compliant with the regulations and directives, which govern marking, handling, controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying classified information and equipment containing classified information.
• Resolve other related program Security issues.
*BS/BA and 2+ years of experience OR AS/AA and 6+ years of experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of degree. ce may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
*3+ years in personnel security, physical security, and information security
*2+ years serving a Facility Security Officer (FSO)
*Experience developing, implementing and maintaining a multi-disciplined security program for complex, major acquisition programs
*Thorough understanding and working knowledge of NISPOM, DoDM 5200.01 Vol. 1-3, and DoDI 5200.48 security standards.
*Thorough understanding and working knowledge of OPSEC, PERSEC, INFOSEC and DD-254 Implementation Requirements.
*Strong understanding of physical security requirements.
*Strong writing ability and initiative with ability to operate with minimal supervision.
*Prior problem solving/process improvement experience
*BS or BA degree in a business, management or relevant technical discipline
*4+ years of experience as an FSO
*CDSE Security Fundamental Professional Certification (SFPC)
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
*3+ years of experience as a CPSO or one (1) year of experience as a CPSO with CDSE Special Program Security Certification (SPSC)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.