Senior Governance, Risk and Compliance Security Consultant
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking to expand the Governance, Risk and Compliance Security Consulting Practice. Successful candidates will provide our clients with guidance pertaining to security and privacy regulatory and industry standard requirements, security risk assessments, and GRC consulting.
- Leading vendor risk management engagements and formalized risk analysis engagements.
- Leading and guiding information risk and security discussions with technical and non-technical groups.
- Identifying enterprise information security and compliance related problems and challenges; research and develop technical solutions to rectify them.
- Developing and operationalizing enterprise information security programs and related components.
- Analysing client security programs for maturity and performance relating to industry accepted best practices.
- Developing recommendations for remediating risk and compliance gaps.
- Evaluating information security risk in for business environment controls and industry requirements.
- Providing client guidance for information security best practices.
- Following standard methodologies for evaluating industry security controls based on formulized security frameworks.
- Executing in high demanding, fast paced environments with tight deadlines.
- Drafting deliverable documentation to meet client security needs.
- Creating security roadmaps for client security program development and improvement.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in security governance, risk assessments and regulatory/controls.
- Experience in evolving security and privacy controls environment, regulatory landscape and risk management techniques, principles and practices.
- Experience in clients against a wide variety of security and compliance frameworks including State based privacy and security regulations, SOX, GDPR, NIST-CSF, ISO/27001/2.
- Experience in development and implementation of information security policies, standards and related procedures for security programs.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- CISM, CISSP, or CISA certification.
- Experience in consulting experience.
- Experience in privacy.
- knowledge of available security tools and technologies.
- Experience in Archer, OneTrust, Alyne or similar software.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Strong presentation skills with ability to convey ideas at the C-Level.
- Written communication skills for use in preparing formal documentation including deliverables, Statements of Work, proposals, white papers, and case studies.
- Verbal skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts, be persuasive and to deliver presentation and training to all levels of management.
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently, meet schedules and delivery timelines, and to move swiftly from concepts and theory to action.
- Ability to provide risk-based recommendations based upon the size and complexity of the client’s organization.
- Ability to interface with C-levels, as well as tactical implementers.
- Strong investigative and analysis skills with the ability to handle confidential information.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.