Court Security Officer- Full Time
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
This is a pipeline posting for potential future vacancies
Akima Facilities Operations is looking for USMS Court Security Officers to work in Springfield, IL. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
- Shall enforce the District's entry and identification system.
- Test and Report Emergency Equipment
- Patrol court facilities and grounds of the facility in accordance with applicable post orders.
- Shall man USMS authorized stationary posts.
- Shall provide focused surveillance on incoming traffic to entrances from inside or outside the facility in order to detect oncoming threats before reaching the screening area.
- May provide armed escort services for judges, court personnel, jurors, and other designated individuals.
- Provide security services for off-site and remote judicial functions where access to the site can be controlled and public screening conducted.
- Where applicable, shall direct traffic, control lights on court facility properties, and monitor vehicles and pedestrians as described in the post orders.
- May occasionally be assigned to provide courtroom security during hearings.
- Shall provide security presence in the courtroom, enforce federal law and judicial orders within the courthouse,
- Shall turn over any articles found in a court facility or designated facility to the COR and complete a CSO003 within 24 hours after the incident occurs.
- Keep supervisors and managers informed of unusual occurrences and important events as detailed in post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
- Monitor alarms, radio traffic and other information sources. Dispatch or inform others as needed and authorized.
- Report and appropriately address fire alarms, burglary alarms, requests for assistance and criminal acts;
- Stop, screen, inquire, and inspect vehicles and pedestrians entering and / or exiting the facility as directed by post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
- Properly use equipment issued or available for use.
- Prevent passage of prohibited articles onto or off client facility.
- Escort individuals or vehicles in accordance with post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
- Maintain all necessary licensing, certifications, training and records for legal employment for the Security Guard position;
- Use portable radios, phones or other communication devises appropriately and according to established rules.
- Monitor all equipment; guard against loss or damage; report any such loss or damage immediately to a supervisor or manager.
- Perform necessary work regardless of weather conditions.
- Log in Property Pass numbers for authorized property/equipment movements.
- Ensure the security of government property, detaining personnel using the mantrap when needed, and reporting anyone involved with unauthorized property/equipment removal.
- Conduct regular patrols and inspections of buildings and facilities
- Issue required badges or passes to authorized personnel.
- Monitor electronic access control and report violations
- Monitor radio-frequency identification (RFID) systems and respond to alarms indicating unauthorized removal of government property.
- Grant access to areas during non-working hours to authorized personnel in accordance with the established procedure and access lists.
- Monitor facility equipment and utility systems and report deficiencies to personnel responsible for repairs.
- Perform random surveillance of buildings for the detection of unauthorized or inappropriate activity.
- Perform random surveillance of fence line for breaches and the detection of unauthorized removal of government property, illegal or inappropriate activity.
- Provide additional security support for scheduled events that may occur during or after duty hours or for unscheduled emergencies as requested by supervisor
- Maintain activity logs and administrative documents as required by contract.
- Contact, assist, and cooperate with local, state or federal law enforcement; locate, retain and protect necessary evidence; testify as necessary in judicial and administrative proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 3 years of verifiable civilian law enforcement experience OR an equivalent position with the
- United States Armed Forces (military). The experience must include general arrest authority. All three (3) years shall have occurred within the last seven (7) years.
- Must have successfully completed or graduated from a certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy or program that provided instruction on the use of police powers in an armed capacity while dealing with the public. The certificate shall be recognized by a Federal, state, county, local or military authority, and provide evidence that an individual is eligible for employment as a law enforcement officer.
- Must submit to and successfully complete pre-placement screening and evaluation, which includes submission to a criminal background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Must be able to pass criminal background screen, drug test and physical exam.
- Possess a valid, unrestricted (except eyeglass wear) state driver's license.
- Fluently read, speak, comprehend, and compose coherent written reports in English.
- Must be able to meet medical/physical fitness requirements.
- Must be free from conviction of any felony.
- Be free from conviction of any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence in accordance with United
- States Code Title 18 U.S.C. § 922 (g)(9) Unlawful acts.
- The position may require extensive sitting, watching monitors, walking around the facility outside in rain, wind or other poor weather conditions and kneeling and stooping to look under or inside vehicles or containers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, stand, walk, use hands to handle, or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and taste or smell.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Security, Intelligence & Defense Analysis
Clearance: Public Trust
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: SUN00753