Armed Detention Officer- Part Time ( $1,500 Sign On Bonus)
Work Where it Matters
AGS, an Akima company, is not just another federal security solutions contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AGS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AGS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AGS delivers the people, equipment, and processes that safeguard federal buildings, military bases, and detention centers while supporting customers’ complex missions.
As an AGS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
HOURLY RATE: $17.72
AGS is looking for a Part Time Armed Detention Officer at our Batavia, NY location. Under the direct supervision of the on-duty Shift Supervisor, or general supervision of facility command staff, the Detention Officer will be responsible for maintaining a secure detention facility and the safe custody of detainees.
- Supervise and control detainee behavior during the operation of the detention facility; or restrain by force if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints.
- Exercise appropriate judgment in handling of special needs situations or detainees.
- Communicate effectively and coherently with other staff or detainee with approved facility communication devices including the telephone system, intercom system, and portable radios; demonstrate effective communicative skills with detainee, public and staff.
- Maintain control over detainees by always being aware of their location and documenting such.
- Escort detainees (hostile, aggressive, passive, etc.) using handcuffs and other approved restraints in accordance to policy and procedure.
- Maintain company equipment and uniforms in functional condition as prescribed for by company policy.
- Collect, resolve and/or direct to appropriate individual or division, detainee complaints, grievances or requests.
- Prepare investigative and other reports or documentation, using appropriate grammar.
- Observe and control visitors and detainees prior to, during and after visits.
- Perform related duties and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide detainee admission and release services in Processing according to Post Orders.
- Transport detainees securely using ICE approved restraints and vehicles to off-site locations.
- Maintain uninterrupted constant custody care and control at off-site locations.
- Secure Outer Perimeter, Main Gate and Lobby areas of the Facility in accordance to the Post Orders.
- Must wear necessary PPE duty gear at all times.
- Maintain NYS Armed Guard card which includes yearly firearms qualification and security training.
- Complete quarterly ICE firearms qualification.
- Retain a current NYS CDL with passenger endorsement.
- Highschool Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience of Law Enforcement type experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid New York State (NYS) pistol permit, but NYS Armed Guard and CDL training and licenses will be provided by AGS if chosen for the position.
- Must be able to pass extensive background investigation and drug test. Random drug testing will be performed.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of investigation including gathering, preservation and presentation of evidence.
- Apply knowledge and reasoning to make prompt and effective decisions quickly in both routine and non-routine situations. Evaluate alternatives, make sound decisions in a timely manner, size up a situation quickly and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English, use acceptable grammar, punctuation and spelling, write reports which are organized, complete, accurate and factual.
- Must be ready, willing and physically able, at any given moment, to perform, safely and efficiently, the full range of essential duties and responsibilities, under potentially harsh environmental conditions for which those duties are required to be performed.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Security, Intelligence & Defense Analysis
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Clearance: Public Trust
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AGS01461