Detention Officer (Full Time) - ($21.00 Total Hourly Compensation)
Work Where it Matters
Akima Global Security, an Akima company, is not just another federal security solutions contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AGS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AGS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AGS delivers the people, equipment, and processes that safeguard federal buildings, military bases, and detention centers while supporting customers’ complex missions.
As an AGS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Hourly rate: $16.20 with 4.80 HW to be paid for a total of $21.00 an hour
AGS is looking for an Unarmed Detention Officer to work in San Juan, PR. To join our outstanding team of professionals, apply today!
- Performs duties related to the detention, processing, safeguarding, security, escort and transport of detainees as required in the contract
- Exercises surveillance and control over detainees, and maintains order and discipline
- Attends to housing, feeding, and the physical well-being of detainees, 24 hours a day
- Enforces rules and regulations of the detention facility
- Provides care, custody and control of detainees
- Removes detainees from holding areas using proper restraints and security measures;
- Guards detainees at deportation or exclusion hearings, during transport, while receiving medical care and when and other duties as assigned
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with organization policies and procedures
- Follows company-wide safety policies and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the Officer Handbook and other Company Safety Policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- US citizen or a person lawfully admitted into the United States or one of its Territories for permanent residence and have resided in the U.S or Territory for at least 5 years
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Pass a criminal background and consumer credit check (no criminal record)
- Obtain and maintain a DHS/ICE government clearance
- Pass all pre-employment and random drug tests
- Pass a medical examination and meet health requirements
- At least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to obtain a state security guard license
- Ability to walk through all areas of the facility for tours and compliance inspections in varied weather conditions
- Ability to respond quickly during emergency situations
- Ability to work without restrictions and limitations
- One year of Military, Security, Law Enforcement, or Corrections experience demonstrating the following:
* Maintain a professional personal appearance, calm demeanor, and discretion with confidential information
* Pass a medical examination and all pre-employment/random drug tests
* Possess a high degree of integrity, accountability and adhere to the American Correctional Association and DHS ICE National Detention Standards
* Demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse population of people, including people of different cultures, with different values and lifestyles; with a cross cultural perspective
* Maintain current/physical residency in the continental United States
* You must be able to meet all health requirements.
* Must be able to stand, sit, bend, reach and walk for extended periods of time
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Security, Intelligence & Defense Analysis
Clearance: Public Trust
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AGS01471