Candidate Pool - Security Officer, Probationary (22893)
Probationary Security Officer provides static perimeter security and roving security patrols for security project. Actively support and uphold stated vision, mission, and values. Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Perform the day-to-day protective security functions as specified in daily post and detail orders.
- Carries and operates weapons as specified in daily post and detail orders, or upon orders from the detail leader or shift leader.
- Guard security site against damage, fire, theft, trespassing, illegal entry, exit, and unlawful attacks.
- Patrol premise to ensure site is properly secured.
- Verification and identification of employees and other persons entering the site.
- Inspect and properly store equipment.
- Develop incident reports of attacks, damage, theft, or unusual occurrences. Investigate disturbances and in the event of an emergency maintain order and safety of the occupants of the site.
- Understands, acknowledges, and follows as appropriate the Chain of Command.
- Be able to identify personal and work related problems of his/her Guard Force under his/her command at an early stage to avoid any operational impact.
- Act in accordance with the company Ethics Program
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Must have previous security experience. Probationary service time is 1-180 Days. Must be a US Citizen. Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Must have the ability to obtain a DOD Top Secret security clearance with a counterintelligence polygraph. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate company practices with executives, clients, and employees. Must comply with AFI 31-117, Arming and Use of Force by Air Force Personnel, 17 Mar 2015. Must have valid driver's license. Must be fluent in speaking and writing the English Language. Must qualify with contract required weapons systems. Pass a detailed medical evaluation. Must be able to pass a detailed background investigation at a frequency as required by contract.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Must be able to meet the physical requirements dictated by project requirements. Ability to work in harsh working conditions, outdoors, and/or in extreme temperatures. Must be available to work outside the normal schedule if the need arises. Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds, and carry heavy objects routinely. Ability to climb, crawl, crouch, bend, stand for long periods, reach above shoulder level, extend arms at awkward angles, lift, and carry objects. Must be able to be alert for shifts of at least eight (8) hours.
• Strong written and oral presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
• Strong initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines