Cyber Security Senior Compliance Auditor ( R-00058394 )
Leidos is seeking a Senior Compliance Auditor to join our Corporate Information Security team.
In this role, you will provide audit, oversight, performance measurement and correction of cybersecurity compliance activities within the company, including aligning the program with all external and internal compliance requirements and mitigating risks.
You will work closely with the Senior Compliance Principal and other Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance staff to mature our Compliance Audit program.
You will provide compliance expert guidance, process improvement, reporting and metrics at the enterprise level. In addition, you will facilitate the involvement of cross-functional teams, surfacing concerns and building improvements to our compliance strategies across all lines of business and global locations.
- Implement and administer the Leidos Compliance Audit program for continual compliance with internal and external regulations, policies and laws
- Perform internal assessments of the effectiveness of security controls across the enterprise
- Facilitate the remediation of Information Technology control deficiencies, including communication with essential levels of leadership, validating remediation activities and monitoring the progress of remediation efforts
- Work with Line of Business, Cybersecurity and Information Technology personnel to ensure awareness and alignment of ongoing industry and best practice compliance obligations
- Represent Corporate Information Security Compliance in meetings with project managers and technical subject matter experts to elicit information and provide consistent guidance
- Communicate cybersecurity compliance audit priorities; articulate near-term strategic goals in a way that aligns with leadership’s long term visions
- Assure alignment with Company policies to meet the Company’s regulatory and operational obligations
- Assist in developing metrics for periodic release; conduct audits to ensure that policies, procedures and metrics are in place for maintaining/improving the program
- Minimum of 8 years of experience related to Cybersecurity or Information Security and Information Technology Compliance audit
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to information systems, or additional years of relevant experience and/or professional certifications
- Experience in leading audit engagements at the senior auditor level, including engagement planning, writing reports, presentation of reports and remediation
- Experience within the Audit, Assurance, or IT Audit organization or equivalent experience within an Internal Audit function
- Experience with auditing or assessing whether security safeguards employed by organizations are implemented correctly, are operating as intended, and satisfy the security requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and operational understanding of cybersecurity laws and regulations in both the U.S. and abroad impacting data protection and the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data, including NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), NIST Special Publication 800-171, NIST SP 800-53, ISO 27001, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Proficiency with DFARS and protection of CUI, and awareness of the upcoming Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
- Experience with system security plans, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), control requirements and assessments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to develop partnerships and relationships with staff across various organizational entities and lines of business
- Patience, determination, and professionalism to foster collaboration on resolution of compliance gaps and issues
- US Citizenship and able to obtain security clearance
- Certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), or Federal Information Technology Specialist (FITSP)
- Experience working with Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) or Internal Audit teams to conduct activities such as assessment of cybersecurity risk, consulting on projects covering all levels of network and IT security architecture, and presenting security recommendations for complex programs & sourcing decisions
- Experience measuring the maturity of a company’s institutionalization of cybersecurity practices and processes, and developing appropriate processes for compliance management and generation of metrics
- Position supported remotely or from Reston, VA