Security Officer (CAC_SMS Lead) (29537)
Amentum has a great opportunity for a CAC/SMS Administrator (Team Lead) supporting our program in Springfield, VA. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading the Common Access Card (CAC)/Security Management System (SMS) department in the Workforce Support Center (WSC). The candidate selected must have the ability to administer and assure compliance with security regulations and procedures to include security passing requirements in accordance with DoD and customer guidelines. The position requires personnel to routinely interact with Contractor and Government agencies relative to security and clearance matters.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, occasional Tuesday 9:30 – 6:00 pm
The duties include but not limited to:
- Manage all operations in badging and front desk areas. Complete security requirements for government, prime and subcontractor personnel.
- Create and manage CAC/Front Desk schedule to ensure area is covered at all times.
- Plan and coordinate security, badging services, and related functions to include the execution of programs to ensure maximum utilization within the facility.
- Coordinate with the responsible Company Facility Security Officer (FSO), to perform functions to ensure personnel DoD Clearance requirements are met and maintained.
- Perform CAC duties, rotate to Briefing, Clearance Passing, and Front Desk areas as needed.
- Ensure that all personnel are adhering to the WSC Rules and Guidelines.
- Manage and process programs and documents related to the transport of classified documents, equipment and/or media.
- Perform all other position and security related duties as assigned or requested. Ability to adapt to frequent change and a fast -paced work environment.
- Associates Degree, an additional 2 years of IC Security related experience will be accepted in lieu of Associates Degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years of Security Administration related experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI clearance required.
- Requires operating application software, including word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledgeable with Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Scattered Castle, M3/SMS, DEERS/Rapids, e-Travel, C-Cure 9000, MDI database, PeopleSoft Access Management System (PSAM).
- Working knowledge of DoD and customer policies governing current security procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work assigned projects, produce accurate and knowledgeable reports while successfully performing a multitude of daily assigned duties.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with others in a positive manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of Security Admin related experience.