Assistant Security Officer (CAC_SMS) (34945)
Amentum has an Assitant Security Officer position at our Springfield, VA location. The selected candidate will have the ability to administer and assure compliance with security regulations and procedures to include security passing requirements in accordance with DoD and our customer's guidelines. The position requires personnel to routinely interact with Contractors and Government agencies relative to security and clearance matters.
Work Schedule: Monday Friday 7:00 am 3:30 pm, occasional Tuesday 9:30 6:00 pm
The duties include but not limited to:
- Perform CAC duties, rotate to Briefing, Clearance Passing, and Front Desk areas as needed.
- Knowledgeable with the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Scattered Castle, M3/SMS, DEERS/Rapids, e-Travel, C-Cure 9000, MDI database, PeopleSoft Access Management System (PSAM).
- Coordinate with the responsible Company Facility Security Officer (FSO), to perform functions to ensure personnel DoD Clearance requirements are met and maintained.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work assigned projects, produce accurate and knowledgeable reports while successfully performing a multitude of daily assigned duties.
- Possess and/or have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and have a strong attention to detail while performing daily tasks.
- Working knowledge of DoD and NGA policies governing current security procedures.
- Adhere to the WSC Rules, Guidelines and Timekeeping Policies.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Manage and process programs and documents related to the transport of classified documents, equipment and/or media.
- Perform all other security-related duties as assigned or requested.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or Security and 0-1 years DoD security-related experience.
- An extra 2 years of IC Security related experience will be accepted in lieu of Associates Degree.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain access to Scattered Castle, M3/SMS, C-Cure 9000, MDI database, PeopleSoft Access Management System (PSAMS).
- TS/SCI clearance required.
- US citizenship is required.
- Requires operating application software, including word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Preferred is a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of Security Admin related experience.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Have the ability to deal with others in a positive manner.