Facility Security Officer (FSO) ( R-00068159 )
In this mission, you will serve as the FSO. This position requires expertise in all disciplines of the industrial security field. This position will be required to interface with all levels of department, division and government management, personnel and maintain the skills to cultivate relationships for optimal contract security performance. This position will lead a team of 4-6 security professionals and report directly to the Site Security Lead/Sr. Security Manager?. In addition to expertise in all disciplines of the security field, the successful candidate will possess an extensive breadth of demonstrated business, financial, and management skills, knowledge, and abilities to ensure maximum effectiveness. Expectation of a confident demeanor and able to make critical security decisions for dynamic programs that support high value contracts. Be able to drive constructive change within the organization.
The FSO is responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
• The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Leidos personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Manual 5205.07, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
• The candidate will be required to lead self-inspections, participate in government telephonic and in-person reviews and inspections. Produce finished documentation; e.g., reports, plan of actions and milestones, policy and procedure development, security designs, training programs and assessments. Maintain data compliance in multiple DISS accounts. Responsible for maintaining security program compliance to include managing NISS facility profiles, submitting changed conditions packages, FCL Sponsorship packages, and responding to FCL packages for multiple facilities at the same time.
• The FSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information. Take independent action when warranted or in the absence of the security leadership. Bring security risks to the attention of the Security Director and Program Managers.
• Provide clear guidance to company employees, and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate. Provide research and technical support to projects, produces solutions and documentation, and monitors project tasks and schedules. Work as a team player, demonstrate flexibility, and excellent organizational skills.
• Management of COMSEC related duties and responsibilities under NSA CSS 3-16 and AR 380-40.
• Management of 4-6 employees within the security department. Demonstrate leadership and decision-making ability within the scope of the position. Exhibit mentoring, team building and coaching ability.
• Responsible for providing security program oversight, guidance and strict compliance to NATO programs.
• Assist with Proposal Writing and Contract Closeouts.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5-6 years of professional experience
• Demonstrated success as an Facility Security Officer (FSO) or equivalent position
• Expert working knowledge of the NISPOM, other relevant DoD security guidance as well as the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards Strong working knowledge of JPAS, DISS, SWIFT, NISS, and e-QIP.
• Experience in processing SF-86, SF-312, Security Investigations and Periodic Reinvestigations
• Though working knowledge of Insider Threat Program (training and preferably experience with managing/supporting such programs)
• Experience conducting security incident inquiries and writing investigation reports
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, organize and prioritize numerous tasks
• Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers
• Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed and Restricted Areas.
• Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings.
• Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program. Assist in executing the requirements set forth in the Technology Control Plan (TCP) for foreign visitors.
• Excellent customer service skills and strong professional demeanor and interpersonal skills. Desire to be an active contributor in the success of the mission.
• Ability to work independently, juggle competing workloads and demands, and adapt to changing priorities with a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment.
• Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance and be able to meet eligibility requirements for access.
• Must have or be able to obtain STEPP/DCSA required FSO, JPAS/DISS, and Insider Threat training
• COMSEC experience required. Must have COMSEC Custodian certificate or be able to attend and complete IAEC-2112 COMSEC Training Course six months after being appointed as Alternate COMSEC Account Manager
• Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification
• Experience developing and implementing OPSEC plans
• Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
• Resourceful in solving problem and continuous improvement