Law Clerk I ( R-00050381 )
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform Law Clerk I duties in support of one of our federal agency customers in Los Angeles, CA.
This position is expected to start on June 1, 2021. However, employment is contingent on ability to successfully obtain a minimum of a Public Trust Waiver prior to your start date as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Suitability Determination for the duration of this position
The Employee will provide a variety of legal support assistance services. Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
- Work products are reviewed prior to submission; however, often develops these products with minimal direct supervision other than written guidelines.
- Works under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal or a Project Supervisor.
- Performs complex legal research for the trial staff.
- Assists in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.
- Review documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Law degree (Juris Doctorate), or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, is strongly preferred.
- Trial experience very helpful.
- Experience with IPRO Eclipse and Relativity, strongly preferred.
- Ability to review a wide variety of documents, both legal and non-legal.
- Current or active clearance.
MEGAExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:SCA ParalegalPay Range: