Law Clerk III ( R-00053922 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class Law Clerk III to join us in supporting Automated Litigation Support Center at the Environment and Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. The location is 150 M Street NE, Washington, DC 20002.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, and the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels plus take an active role in preserving the environment for future generations. If you are well-organized and able to manage multiple critical tasks under tight deadlines, have good customer service skills, thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
- Performing complex legal research.
- Preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.
- Reviewing documents for relevance and privilege.
- Assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Acts independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects.
- Responsibilities may include acting as primary interface with trial attorneys, experts, and other client staff.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Must have a law degree.
- Must have three to five years of progressively more responsible experience on litigation support projects.
- Must have proven capabilities and excellent written and oral communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Must have thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Suggested skills that would be helpful for this position:
- Proficiency in Relativity, highly preferred.
- Current or active clearance preferred
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:SCA ParalegalPay Range: