Law Clerk 1 ( R-00059820 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is seeking a Law Clerk 1 to work on-site in support of the Department of Justice in Washington, DC. The selected candidate will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we are equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference! In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Works under the direction of a Project Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Performs complex legal research for the trial staff.
- Assists in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc. reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Cite checking.
- Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study or, an equivalent level of legal training or experience or an equivalent level of education may be substituted
- Sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Cite-checking/Blue Book experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Relativity litigation review platform experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Extensive Cite Checking / Blue Booking Experience
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality of work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Highly detail oriented individual.
- Active security clearance, preferred.
- Experience working in litigation databases such as Relativity
MEGAExternal Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:SCA ParalegalPay Range: