Security Analyst ( 593702-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Security Analyst with at least 3 or more years of incident response and network threat investigation experience, you'll work with Verizon's Managed Security Services SOC team handling Tier II and Tier III level day-to-day triage, investigation, and mitigation of security threats, as well as short-notice ad hoc work, and see them through to completion on behalf of the F500 customers, whose networks we protect and defend. You’ll provide critical value to the Managed Security Operations Team using your network security research skills and threat analysis to provide context about security events. You'll provide recommendations for remediation actions and suggestions for implementing best practices. You’ll make recommendations to improve standard security processes and procedures based on security industry best practices. Verizon has continually earned a coveted spot in the Leader Quadrant of Gartner's Leader Quadrant for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs). You'll work with the newest tools, use the latest techniques, and be engaged in challenging threat research to protect some of the world's largest networks.
- Performing active real-time security monitoring and investigating complex security events
- Conducting advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events.
- Providing log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions.
- Developing internal and external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports.
- Coordinating with Senior Analysts and/or Duty Manager for high priority incidents.
- Coordinate with Verizon Threat Library and Cyber Intel teams to improve tuning and correlation
Hybrid: This position is mostly work from home, with some days in the nearest Verizon Business Office as assigned by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with network security incident monitoring and threat investigations.
- Willingness to work one weekend a month.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-10 years of experience as a security analyst, investigating complex network threats
- Hands-on experience with SIEM platforms, such as Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications, and/or Penetration Testing.
- SANS or other Security industry certifications such as GCIA, GCIH, GREM, or GPEN ITIL Foundations training / certification.
- Strong network, TCP/IP and endpoint skills.
- Linux command line experience
- Automation scripting - python, ansible, bash, powershell
- Understanding of databases and windows processes.
- Solid understanding of attack vectors and how systems are compromised.
- Capability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and handle competing interests.
- Experience performing QA functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.