Product Manager - Security ( 593424-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon offers best in class gateway solutions to federal and public agencies leveraging a combination of proprietary and commercially available technologies to meet the rigorous standards and audits required by those agencies.
This Manager will work across multiple functional teams responsible for the success of Verizon's Gateway Services including our MTIPS (Managed Trusted Internet Protocol Service) offering. Will have responsibility for managing all aspects of the service's lifecycle including strategizing, developing, launching and sunsetting services. Expected to drive the product forward and keeppace with an emphasis on enabling the platform to grow with the ever-changing technology landscape including SaaS and IoT. In addition, candidate will provide strategic and tactical guidance on how MTIPS fits within the US Federal Government's Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) 3.0 guidance and provide recommendations on how best Verizon can meet TIC 3.0 goals be that with MTIPS or other services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build vision, strategy, and roadmap for the portfolio of services with an end goal of creating a scalable and sustainable business line and meeting Verizon’s strategic objectives.
- Work closely with engineering, operations, finance, sales, marketing and customer support to ensure that projects are appropriately funded, prioritized, and delivered on time and in budget in order to meet revenue targets and customer satisfaction goals.
- Facilitate productive cross-portfolio and cross-functional relationships via effective and consistent communications across a global workforce and customer base.
- Leverage product and market knowledge to coach Product Managers and assist cross-functional groups including Product Marketing and Sales personnel.
- Partner with the sales, account management, finance and customer service teams to understand the requirements of the target customers and act as the voice of the customer internally.
- Show others the product portfolio both inside and outside the company.
- Support problem escalations as required with Sales and Customers.
- Manage the Product development process across organizations by ensuring clear direction is communicated to engineering and operations teams when defining and prioritizing features, enhancements, platform improvements, and customer requests.
- Responsible for Business Case development.
- Responsible for engaging various stakeholder teams.
- Developing business requirements.
- Oversight of User Experience.
- Own the business case process and align pricing to meet corporate goals.
- Facilitate productive cross-portfolio and cross-functional relationships via effective and consistent communication.
- Identify and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify trends and opportunities across the portfolio. Reporting up to the business and using detail to coach Product Managers on areas of product improvement.
- Perform regular operation reviews and status updates.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of related experience (e.g., Product Management, UX, IT Operations, Cyber-Security).
- Eligibility to obtain a US Federal Public Trust security clearance.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Five or more years of experience with one or more of the following:
- Cyber-Security solutions
- Managed Security Service, Vulnerability Research, SIEM Tools.
- Firewall, IDS/IPS, Web Content Filtering, DDoS Mitigation.
- Product Management experience with Software asa Service (SaaS) or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings for enterprises.
- Cyber-Security solutions
- Security Gateway experience.
- Experience in management of service to SLA targets and corrective measures/escalations.
- Experience with agile development processes and monthly or weekly product release cycles.
- Ability to communicate with core engineering and operations teams, motivate staff, and communicate strategy to a broad range of audiences from C-level to IT.
- Natural ability to relate to customers and prospects and communicate their needs internally.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical skills in computer science, engineering, networking, or related field or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Federal requirements (e.g., FISMA, Fedramp, NIST) and/or knowledge of security concerns pertaining to federal customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.