Manager, IT Security Risk Auditor - El Segundo, CA (106510138)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Working under minimal supervision, the Manager, IT Security Risk Auditor is a fully proficient role that possesses an understanding and thorough knowledge of IT Compliance and leads a team who is involved in facilitating and ensuring the organization's adherence to domestic and international laws, regulations, guidelines, policies, and specifications relevant to its collection, storage, use, and dissemination of data and informational assets in order to minimize the effects of financial, strategic, operational, and other risks.
- Performs actions associated with this competency without assistance and recognized within the immediate organization as resource to consult when difficult questions arise regarding this competency:
- Focus is on broad organizational/professional issues
- Consistently provides practical/relevant ideas and perspectives on process or practice improvements which may easily be implemented
- Coaches others in the application of this competency, translating complex nuances related to this competency into easy to understand terms
- Participates in senior-level discussions regarding this competency
- Participates in the development of reference and resource materials on this competency Works independently to conduct Role-Based Access Reviews (RBACs) of business applications and processes requests for access/role changes and deletes.
- Performs assigned analysis of audit requests from contractual partners, governmental entities and other internal/external parties and collaborates with other teams (e.g., I&O, Health Plan Compliance CDO, Security) to provide accurate and timely evidence and artefacts.
- Demonstrates a depth and breadth of knowledge/skills in own area and is often able to apply these outside of own function including:
- Often acts as a technical resource to others in own function.
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions.
- Solves complex problems on own; proactively identifies new solutions to problems.
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes and completes work to meet established objectives.
- Acts as a facilitator to resolve conflicts on team; seen as key team member on project teams spanning more than own function
- Expert people manager who can groom & develop a strong team, manage capacity and deliver high-quality results on time
- Working manager who applies knowledge of laws, regulations and standards to examine Computing Controls and compliance
- Applies knowledge of industry best practices and standards to audit existing practices
- Keeps abreast of changes to industry standards, laws & regulations
- Recommends standard approach for closure of the findings
- Report and communicate of risks and audit controls
- Sustain the highest level of the Relationship value
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in PC based software programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Ability to work in a highly variable, virtual and matrixed environment.
- Ability to problem solve including prioritizing multiple tasks, priorities, projects and deadlines.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally across multiple levels of the organization
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Self-motivated, self-directed, team oriented, responsible, and reliable, with a positive attitude and a proactive style.
- Solid analytical skills
Job requires hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work sometimes required to ensure timely project completion. Moderate to high job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines. Physical capability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.