Security Project Manager ( 587411-1I )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Are you ready to upgrade your career in security?
At Verizon we believe technology should help you achieve more. We help businesses do exactly that almost daily — co-creating innovative connected products, rapidly and securely deploying apps in the cloud, managing employee-owned devices on a global scale, and deflecting sophisticated hacker attacks. In support of our world leading position in Cyber Security, we provide support for a wide variety of security technologies.
This opportunity is to support Verizon’s implementation and operational support services with an emphasis on Project Management skills. Candidates should also have good general technical project knowledge.
We are currently hiring for Project Managers to join our Professional Services team supporting accounts and projects across the globe.
- The Security Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of the project and/or program including fulfillment of the client business and technical requirements and adherence to the approved project scope and budget.
- The role is exclusively client facing and requires the following primary skills: knowledge of the business and offering, risk management, and integration skills. These skills are to be utilized within the five phases of a project life cycle: Initiation, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closing.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with managing Security projects, to include areas such as: Identity & Access Management, Threat & vulnerability assessment projects (application/mobile/physical), Governance projects, Penetration testing, Security device install/configuration/management.
- Previous experience working with external clients in a Professional Services type organization, preferably with some type of consulting experience.
- Extensive client and team management experience.
- Five or more years of recent project management experience, with consistent job function supporting this as a primary responsibility.
- Good understanding and usage of project management processes and principles, including experience in deliverables associated with these practices.
- Experience managing remote and leveraged resources across multiple business and technical silos.
- Experience managing international projects.
- Detailed oriented and composed in challenging situations.
- Experience working in dynamic and fast paced environments.
- Able to work nights and weekends when necessary (during specific planned implementations).
- Experience with vendor management.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to work independently and interdependently as required.
- One Project Management certification (Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2, CSM, or equivalent).
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).