Security Application Developer ( 601047-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Security Application Engineer is a critical member of the Enterprise Security leadership team within Corporate Information Security (CIS). In this technical engineering role, you will be responsible for providing common infrastructure, engineering, development and governance services across the different cyber security domains and organizations in Corporate Information Security.
You will be expected to:
- Partner with multi-functional organizations that comprises program, engineering, provisioning and governance services.
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences about program status and challenges along with ability to define paths to resolution.
- Flexibility to provide twenty four sevensupport for operational high-availability.
- Demonstrating capabilities focused on developing and maintaining home-grown applications to support security engagement and business process management.
- Providing development, infrastructure and data source administration services for security processes and applications across the enterprise with a focus on SaaS to ease the adoption from the business units.
- Data lake development and engineering to establish and maintain an accounting and inventory of all identities, applications, systems, data sources and network elements across the enterprise including the access provisioned.
- Assisting with proof-of-concept implementations to test and assess off-the-shelf and home-grown technologies established within the enterprise to address compliance with SOX, PCI, HIPPA and internal corporate policy.
- Supporting and consulting with other infrastructure and development teams to assist the business units with implementing sound and secure SDLC practices along with coding, data engineering and security services integration / automation.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in IT.
- Experience in application development and support within cyber security.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Ten or more years of combined experience in IT, application development and support.
- Ten or more years of experience in cyber security with highly scalable online transactional systems.
- Experience in managing access to critical systems and automation of provisioning processes.
- Experience in application development at large and complex Fortune 100 Company.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and high stress situations.
- Relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Experience deploying security controls for threat detection and/or access management.
- Experience building large enterprise data warehousing solutions to manage security reporting.
- Experience developing home-grown application services including business requirements design.
- Evaluate technical and administrative conditions to manage priorities.
- Experience with regulatory standards.
- Verbal and written communication skills (technical and non-technical).
- Angular Development Experience.
- C, C++ or C# Development Experience.
- Restful API Development Experience.
- T-SQL, MS SQL Reporting (SSRS) and Integration (SSIS) Services Experience.
- Web UI Development Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).