Senior Security Implementation Engineer ( 600623-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This Security Implementation Engineer who has at least 3 years of experience deploying and working with Broadcom ASG and ISG proxy technologies. The engineer must understand how to deploy policy using the Visual Policy Manager (VPM), work with local policies, and take packet captures. The day to day requirements for the candidate will include responding to user trouble tickets in a timely manner, real time support issues.Our customers could be located anywhere around the globe. The engineer will also need to be familiar with additional Broadcom technologies such as WSS (Web Security Service) agent, CASB,Web Isolation, and Authorization Connectors.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting the Core Operations
- Desktop Engineering
- End User Support, as well as external business partners.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willigness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following/:
- Experience with additional security technologies from Palo Alto and Checkpoint firewalls, and include IPS technologies, as well as squid proxies.
- Shell scriptingexperience.
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows registries, and PowerShell.
- Experience with MacOS.
- Experience in Big Sur and Monterey.
- Experience and knowledge with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Working knowledge of proxy PAC files is a must.
- Knowledge of OSPF and BGP dynamic routing protocols is helpful.
- DNS knowledge.
- Knowledge of the nuances of working within VPCs in AWS and other cloud providers.
- Experience with other SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) solution providers, such as Zscaler, and Prisma.
- willingness to working flexible schedule as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).