Senior Security Analyst ( 602155-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will handle day-to-day tasks involving SOC (CSIRT) monitoring, incident analysis and investigation, and provide recommendations for remediationas well as short-notice ad hoc work, and see them through to completion. Providing critical value to the SIEM management service, you will leverage your extensive security analyst and investigation knowledge to provide context to events. You will provide recommendations for remediation actions and suggestions for implementing best practices and improving standard processes and procedures.
Conduct active real-time security monitoring
Perform advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events
Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions
Develop internal and/or external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports
Coordinate with SIEM Architects and/or Shift Lead for high priority incidents
Perform QA functions to ensure quality ticketing practices across the team as necessary
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience as a security analyst investigating network security threats
- Experience with security incident monitoring and threat investigations
- Experience with packet capture/payload analysis, incident handling from a dashboard/ticketing system.
- Security vendor technology experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- Six or more years of experience as a security analyst
- SANS or other Security industry certifications such as GCIA, GCIH, GREM, or GPEN ITIL Foundations training / certification
- Experience with SIEM platforms, such as Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications, and/or Penetration Testing.
- Network, TCP/IP and endpoint skills
- Linux and scripting experience
- Experience with Splunk, Cisco ASA, JunOS, Fortinet, Sourcefire, Checkpoint, Tripwire, Palo Alto, Bluecoat Proxy and/or other security devices and platforms
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or previous work in an ISO operating environment
- Knowledge of databases and windows processes
- Knowledge of attack vectors and how systems are compromised
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and handle competing interests
- Experience performing QA functions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).