Senior Security Assurance and Program Manager ( 599704-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Position Title: Senior Manager, Security Operations Advisory & Program Management
The Verizon Security Operations & Program Manager (SOPM) Senior Manager, will provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and direct management oversight to a team of Professional Services, Cyber
Security Consultants, Analysts, Program Managers and others. You are responsible for the delivery of the Security Operations Advisory & Program Management (SOPM) and related consulting services. This
includes, but not limited to:
- Developing the team, ensuring support and accountability for the team members
- Development and support of SOPM services and solutions
- Evangelizing the product portfolio and capabilities (pre-sales support, marketing support)
- Support clients and ensure staff is meeting contractual commitments (post-sales support)
- Collaboration within the team and with other Verizon Services Professional Security Services teams, Managed Security Services, Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Partners, and contract management
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
The Sr. Manager will have a deep background and experience with understanding how to effectively, and efficiently quantify Cyber security operational needs, functions, threats, risks, vulnerabilities and
business impact variables. You will lead a team to assist organization leaders (CISO, CRO, CSO, etc.) improve, prioritize cyber security initiatives,results based on business need, compliance,regulatory
requirements, security optimization and risk reduction. We need you to be a team leader, subject matter expert for prepost sales support, manager and collaborator, working with other teams, sales,
vendors and clients on a global basis to achieve desired client outcomes
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Cyber Security or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a delivery, operational or security program management role and previous experience in a leadership or supervisory role
- Industry Certification of CISSP or CISM.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable and competent in presenting to peers, mid &senior management and to “C” level executives.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security operations,delivery, governance, risk, andcompliance with ability to effectively provide guidance to the team in delivery of services and meeting with clients.
- Experience in translating information security requirements, controls, policies and frameworks into actionable operational policies, processes & procedures and cyber security technology solutions.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of thefollowing:
- Masters in a relevant subject matter such as Cyber Security
- IT Security Certification / Certificates from SANS (GIAC), ISACA (CISM CISA, CRISC), ISC(2) (CCSP, CSSLP, HCISSP, SSCP), ISSA, PMI, CompTIA or other recognized cyber related certification.
- Industry recognized IT Security Certification / Certificates from SANS, ISACA, ISC (2), CSA, PMI and vendors specific to Cyber Security Operations, Risk &Compliance or Security program, andproject management.
- Experience with cyber security operations center (SOC) functions tools,platforms, security controls, security and risk frameworks, such as ISO, NIST, VERIS, OWASP, FFIEC, FAIR, etc. and how they relate.
- Experience in delivery or supporting large &, complex global cyber security enterprise networks.
- Public speaking experience and skills in developing and presenting cyber security topics to a diverse audience both in person and via “virtual” means such as web conferencing.
- Experience with standard office applications such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, video/web conferencing tools and platforms
- Ability to read, write or speak multiple languages
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $139,000 and $259,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.