Strategic Platforms Leader - Network Security IAM ( 602823-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Global Network and Technology team is seeking a Network Security Leader focused on Identity & Access Management (IAM) platforms & services. The Network Security Leader will lead a dynamic team providing all the Build and Run network security IAM functions across Verizon’s global networks. The Network Security Leader will be responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining network wide IAM platform functions to improve and enhance Verizon’s overall security posture. This position is responsible for driving and executing the iAM vision that automates processes, scales, and makes adoption of IAM service capabilities simple. The scope of the role includes all Verizon’s management networks and critical customer facing networks including the Intelligent Edge Network, 5G, Multi-edge Compute, the Verizon Cloud Platform and other legacy networks and systems.
The Network Security IAM Leader position requires an experienced leader with strong skills in technology, people, and business management. This role requires a person with ability to execute on how to best align IAM strategies with existing or new IAM platforms. This person must be a problem solver and able to work across organizational boundaries and build relationships. They must possess a solid domain competency in the areas of CyberSecurity, Identity & Access Management, and carrier level Networking. The person must work to ensure that management and critical customer networks are maintained in a reliable, secure state while driving automation and business efficiencies.
- Define and Execute Strategy - Develop, implement, and maintain IAM platforms that meet the overall IAM vision and strategies in support of Verizon’s existing networks, evolving 5G network, and Intelligent Edge Networking. Ensure coordination and consensus of execution plans with management, peers, and other network teams which includes Network Operations, Network Engineering, and Network Planning.
- Define and automate processes – Review existing processes and define new processes that simplify and automate the use if IAM functional capabilities offered by the IAM platforms. Must be able to challenge the status quo and historical ways of doing things by incorporating new perspectives and methods.
- Grow use of Data Driven Decisions - Must utilize IAM events and big data to show factual evidence and support decision making opportunities.
- Leadership – Work across senior management teams across Network Security, Network Planning, Network Engineering, and Network Operations organizations to communicate, highlight, and show progress on critical areas of focus for Network Security IAM.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years relevant work experience
- Five years' experience in a security-related management capacity.
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience success leading and working in a large, global, multi-disciplined, multi-matrixed organization
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; specialized education or security certifications.
- Ability to build and lead a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Strong track record of recruiting, retaining and motivating high performing senior cyber professionals
- Deep technical knowledge.
- Experience with Identity & Access Management (IAM) technologies and products. Technologies and protocols such as Tacacs+, Radius, SAML 2.0, and Active Directory. Commercial products such as Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) and CyberArk.
- Experience building relationships and joint processes with business leaders across groups and organizations.
- Strong partner management and prioritization skills, including leading and coordinating multiple projects, influencing non-direct reports and peers
- Knowledge of network security IAM trends andthreats that can address greater breadth of adoption and increase the ability to greatly scale IAM service capabilities.
- Strong IAM platform implementation experience.
- Ability to apply lessons learned in an iterative manner.
- Action oriented and abilityto drive results with proven metrics
- Verbal and written communication skills with all levels of employees and management
- Experience in management of a large capital and operating budget; Strong financial acumen and business case development
- Ability to adjust priorities in an agile way as circumstances dictate and deal with ambiguity
- Proven ability to innovate and problem solve in an environment that is often changing from one priority to another including high visibility incidents needing to be handled under high pressure with a sense of urgency
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.