Sr. Security Engineer ( R-00086725-OTHLOC-3254 )
Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Sr. Security Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Senior Security Engineer position located in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely. The Sr. Security Engineer will work with an elite team of security professionals to manage a DOD customer’s security systems and tools to maintain a secure environment for critical systems with attention on continuous improvement of their security posture.
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) is seeking a Sr. Security Engineer who will focus on Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and improvement of security systems and solutions for a customer’s critical systems and networks that supports threat detection, mitigation and remediation and maximizes their security posture to minimize risk / prevent cyber-attacks.
• Responsible for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the DOD customers security infrastructure that includes but is not limited to managing solutions such as host/network access controls, data protection, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, and security scanners.
• Provide security engineering support to develop and maintain a flexible security architecture; provide protection from unauthorized use of, or access to, the customer-managed network and networked assets; and protect all data residing on the network from intrusion, destruction, or compromise.
• Provide technical recommendations and oversight for security system upgrades, technical refreshes, and new builds per requirements set by stakeholders
• Continuously assess the security architecture to identify areas for improvement.
• Ensure security solutions supports requirements for security / threat analysis capabilities and work with security analysts to tune for improved detection and response capability.
• Lead security engineering tasks / project activities. Recommend, design, develop, plan, deploy, integrate, and test enterprise level security applications and tools.
• Work directly with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors, customers, and partner organizations, throughout the planning, designing, and deployment of enterprise-level network security applications
• Provide executive level summary briefings, reports and technical deep dives with management.
• Develop and maintain detailed documentation and diagrams of the architecture, configuration and processes associated with the environment.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience as a Security Engineer, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
• Expert competency designing, implementing and managing security tools and appliances (e.g. SIEM tool - Splunk).
• Experience providing O&M support for customer’s overall security infrastructure.
• Experience as a SME designing, implementing, and configuring security systems and controls
• Experience working independently and collaboratively to troubleshoot and correct operational security issues
• Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
• Experience working closely with customers and users to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• Knowledge of implementing to DoD security mandates, policies, standards, and procedures.
• Strong communication skills. Ability to document and brief customers to include senior management
• Certifications: Cyber Workforce Management Program (DoD 8140.01 & DoD 8570.01-m) IAM
• US Citizen
• DoD Secret Clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Additional Certifications Desired: GCIA, GSEC, GCED, GCWN, GPPA, GMON, GCUX, GWEB, ECSA, CISSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP, CSSLP, CheckPoint CCSE, CCMSE, CCSM, Palo Alto PCNSE, Cisco CCNA Security, Splunk Admin Certification
• Proven Tools and Experience with security tools: Checkpoint CPES, Tenable (SC5), Cisco ISE, FireEye, Splunk, Palo Alto Firewalls, Palo Alto Prisma Access, Crowdstrike, Splunk Phantom, Zero Trust, Microsoft G5 Security Suite (ex: Azure ATP, Defender ATP, etc.)
• Expert on the NIST SP 800-37, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253, and related guidance.
• AWS Cloud Practitioner or Associate level certification desired
• Experience with AWS cloud technology environments
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.