Cyber Security Analyst ( R-00089659 )
Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst to support a government customer in the Portsmouth and Piketon, Ohio area. The analyst will provide coordination and technical expertise and specialized knowledge formulating and implementing plans, programs, policies, and systems appropriate to various threat situations and local conditions.
This position requires working at the customer site in Portsmouth and Piketon, Ohio area. Some teleworking will be permitted.
Must be eligible to obtain a DOE Q Clearance
- Knowledgeable of the requirements specified in DOE Headquarters and local directives.
- Conducts audits or surveys of security programs and provides assistance and consulting services to all department.
- Maintains a current understanding of all applicable Federal and DOE regulations and provide interpretation to the site.
- Maintains firewalls, IDS/IPS, Email Security Appliances, and Web Security Appliances
- Remain conversant with industry’s computer security technology and practices
- Enhances cyber security awareness through end-user training and ongoing communications
- Develops, reviews and updates cyber security plans and procedures
- Performs vulnerability, risk and threat analysis
- Ensures all changes to systems are performed in accordance with configuration controls.
- Researches, documents, and implements software application requirements, specifications and works with the system users to ensure effective use of applications.
- Gathers statistics and writes reports for discussion with management, team members, and end users.
- Interact and work closely with other site contractor employees and leadership as well as senior-level managers within the company and DOE.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field and at least 3 years' experience in an operational cyber security specific role (e.g., information system security manager, information system security officer, cyber security specialist). Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- The analyst must have comprehensive knowledge of corrective action management, and auditing principles
- Analytical and problem solving skills and establish priorities to achieve high quality and cost-effective results
- Experience working with external audit teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Industry certifications CISM, CISSP, CEH, CCSP, etc.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.