Senior Security Analyst
When you join Verizon
Verizon’s nine global Security Operations Centers analyze billions of events for our customers. And with over a decade of experience producing our annual Data Breach Investigations Report, we have both the credibility and expertise to define what a secure enterprise truly looks like. As one of the largest global IP networks, we haveunprecedented insight into security threats.As a Verizon Cybersecurity expert, you’ll be at the forefront, helping to protect and manage the future of our networks.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will be the escalation point for complexnetwork incidents and threats, providing incident analysis and investigation, as well as providingrecommendations for remediation as well as short-notice ad hoc work, and see them through to completion. You'll be a part of the Managed Security Services (MSS) team, which earns a coveted place in Gartner's Leader Quadrant for MSSP's year after year. You'll provide critical value to the SIEM management service. You will leverage your extensive security analyst and investigation knowledge and experience to provide context to threat events. You will provide recommendations for remediation actions and suggestions for implementing best practices and improving standard processes and procedures. As a Tier III resource, you'll serve as an escalation point for complex threat investigations.
- Conduct active real-time security monitoring.
- Perform advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events.
- Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions.
- Tuning use cases and content, driven from day-to-day optimizations.
- Develop internal and/or external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports.
- Coordinate with SIEM Architects and/or Shift Lead for high priority incidents.
- Perform QA functions to ensure quality ticketing practices across the team as necessary.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes mostly work from home and some assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience as a security analyst investigating network security threats.
- Experience with security incident monitoring and threat investigations.
- Experience with packet capture and payload analysis, incident handling from a dashboard/ticketing system.
- Security vendor technology experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six or more years of experience as a security analyst.
- SANS or other Security industry certifications such as CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, or GPEN, ITILv3 Foundations
- Experience with SIEM platforms, such as Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications, and/or Penetration Testing.
- Network, TCP/IP and endpoint skills.
- Linux and scripting experience.
- Experience with Splunk, Cisco ASA, JunOS, Fortinet, Sourcefire, Checkpoint, Tripwire, Palo Alto, Bluecoat Proxy and/or other security devices and platforms.
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or previous work in an ISO operating environment.
- Knowledge of databases and windows processes.
- Knowledge of attack vectors and how systems are compromised.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and handle competing interests.
- Experience performing QA functions.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.