Sr Capture Manager - Security Clearance Required
Leidos is searching for a Capture Manager to focus on high value capture opportunities (>$150M), responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities in the intelligence community marketplace. This role requires an ethical approach to winning, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding and/or education, resourcefulness to manage process driven captures, and internal/external customer relations-oriented individual.
This role requires an ethical approach to winning, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding and/or education, resourcefulness to manage process driven captures, and internal/external customer relations-oriented individual.
The successful candidate assumes responsibility for developing and executing the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort. Duties include orchestrating all aspects of the bid strategy including cost/price strategy and position to win, providing oversight of the development all proposal volumes, creating capture teams and fostering a culture of winning ethically.
Working closely with the responsible business development leads, supporting the transition from opportunity identification into capture, assembling a capture team and managing the capture team to successful contract bids and wins, contacting existing clients and partners, communicating the organization’s core capabilities, establishing internal and external teaming and effective efficient shepherding of new business funds are all part of the Capture Manager’s responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities include: Developing (with technical and SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities; managing relationships with partners and corporate staff for proposed solution development; participating in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews. Capture involves effective transfer from identification and qualification to pre-proposal and proposal efforts as well as post-proposal to award responsiveness and hot start transition to the program team. The Capture Manager is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes and must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written. The Capture Manager will also conduct after-action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Experience in capturing large business development programs (>$150M Total Contract Value) with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping into solution and proposal submission
- Proven record of success managing capture efforts within the Intelligence Community (winning single award >$150M pursuits as capture manager)
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance
- Prior business development experience in the Intel Community market
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers across the corporation
- Possess business and technical vision
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess analytical pre
- Top Secret SCI eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.